Wednesday, August 15, 2012

oh shit

Flying alone with a 19 month old while 23 weeks pregnant isn't my idea of the most relaxing time.  Oh wait, it's actually my definition of hell.  Well, there ARE worse things like not having enough ice in your margarita or having a cigarette and no lighter (from back in the day, OBVS), but I digress.  Geez, I must be missing my partying days.  THOSE DAYS ARE OVER, ALI.  FOREVER.  GET OVER THEM.  NOW YOU GROCERY SHOP AND WIPE SNOT AND BUTTS AND THAT'S IT.

Anyway.

I'm DREADING having to haul Logan's monster 5,523 lb carseat (which is the equivalent of a la-z-boy* as far as I'm concerned) onto the airplaneS that we are taking in a short 12 days (YAY!  12 more days!!!)  So, Roomie called me this morning to give me a pep talk about using the GogoKidz wheelie thing with the carseat, (yes it's a PITA but what choice do I really have, etc.) and I figured that's that, done deal, GogoKidz + major PITA here we go.  Roomie also said I wasn't allowed to pay the extra $40 for the meet and greet that the car service offers to haul all of my crap to the car that's at the curb.  But I digress.  Again.

Just FYI this is a picture of Logan's carseat
Until this afternoon when I met this bad boy:

What asshole would pay $75 for some jankus straps?
This one.

So I thought I was just the biggest genius of all geniuses, and immediately started harassing people with their thoughts on why this would or would not work.  I've had mixed reviews.

So, I decided we'd take it for a test drive.

Please note Willis's belt as the waist strap.
Here's how it went:

fail. 

Don't be fooled.  That is not a smile.  That is Logan pre-tantrum flailing around like he is sitting in a bucket of biting mosquitoes.  Grunting.  Weaseling his way out of the bottom because whatever dumbass invented this didn't put a crotch (hate that word) strap, thus making it easy for wild neanderthal babies to escape.

And guess what?  I still think I'm gonna risk it.  Stay tuned.


*when I was little and out to eat with my parents I asked if we could please eat at that restaurant called La-Z-Boy.  I honestly thought you got to sit in a big ass recliner while having your dinner and I thought it was the coolest concept.  My dreams were crushed when I was informed they didn't serve food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment