Friday, April 8, 2011

The Other Team

At least it's not a minivan.

When we realized that you had to literally JAM the carseat into the Audi in order to make it fit and when the brake place drove the Mazda without oil in it and blew up the engine (apparently that's a big no-no?), we realized Logan needed a new set of wheels. 

I personally LOVE my new ride.  Sure it might be a stay-wag and have mom-mobile written all over it, but she sure is roomy.  I can get the snap-n-go stroller in the way back with no problem, and I even have room for the full size diaper changing pad next to it.  (You wouldn't want Logie to have to get changed in a PUBLIC BATHROOM, NOW WOULD YOU!?)  Sure, I feel a little less cool blasting Ke$ha with the sunroof open these days, but you can't win them all. 

When Willis and I told Kari and Lise what kind of car we were getting during their half-drunken train ride back from NYC (we were all on speaker phone together like one big happy family), I had to cover my ears from the howling laughter that came through the Audi speakers. 

In unison:

Kari and Lise [in between screaming laughs]:  "OH IS THAT SO YOU CAN STRAP YOUR KAYAK TO THE TOP?"
Me:  "Hey!  I've really been wanting to go kayaking lately."
Kari and Lise [snorting away]:  "IS IT FOR ALL OF YOUR CAMPING GEAR?" 
Me:  "I went camping once!"
Willis and me:  "This car is VERY Austin."

When Jeff and Jess came to visit last weekend and I excitedly pointed her (Subaru) out in the restaurant parking lot, Jess asked, "is there something you want to tell us?  Have you started batting for the other team?" 

My bberry is unfortunately not allowing me to email at the moment, but don't you worry.  We just pimped her out and got the windows nice and tinted, so I'll be sure to post a picture once I'm back up and running. 

In the meantime...


No comments:

Post a Comment