Friday, March 2, 2012

three little birds

I know I've been MIA.  I'm aware. 

BUT...

I have one quick thing to say.

Willis and I were just on the back porch listening to Bob Marley (Willis is completely stressed [UGH WORK UGH!]  and by the way I can still hear Mr. Marley singing away) when I had this thought.

Anyway, I said to Willis....

"My dad is so awesome in so many ways, Willis.  But I'll never forget his words of wisdom.  His best ones were when I was going to school.  It was the day he dropped me off for college, filling my gas tank full of gas.  His words of wisdom were this:  'If someone doesn't like reggae music, find a new friend.  RUN.  It's as simple as that.'"

And you know what I've learned?  It's SO true.  I was "friends" with a girl in college, and I remember her telling me that she didn't like reggae music when I first met her.  My instincts told me to run.... But I thought, "oh, she must be an exception."  BUT WHO DOESN'T LIKE REGGAE??  Guess what?  She wasn't an exception.  I should've run.  Not like it even matters at this point, but it's so true.  WHO DOESN'T LIKE BOB MARLEY?? 

Pops was right. I still live my life by this "rule." 

carry on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment