Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Useful Moving Organization System

I decided (since we aren't hiring criminals off the street to pack for us this move... ~sigh~) that I would take this opportunity to be very methodical and organized about packing.  I promised myself that I would ensure each box was properly labeled with all of the contents inside, and organized such that gadgets are all in one box, utensils in another, wine necessities in another (what does that even MEAN?), etc.

Not only would I label by room (people who only do that are SO HALF ASSING IT), I would write out each and every item that was in the box!!!  I thought it out in my head for days.  "Where's the blender?" I could hear Willis ask, to which I would answer, "it's right over there, in box 13d.  It's under the Cuisinart and next to the Williams Sonoma electric grill" [that has never been used]. 

I imagined something along the lines of this: 

KITCHEN - box 2c
Blender, Cuisinart, Milkshake Maker, Salad Dressing Mixer

_____________________________________________

Fast forward to less than a week before our move:


My plan is going really well. 

COME ON LOGAN, PLEASE SLEEP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SO I CAN TAKE A NAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment