Thursday, May 26, 2011

square one

Bye bye, Rat Castle.  I really loved you, but it just wasn't meant to be.  Your owners turned into total d!cks (or my new favorite phrase, douchecanoes -- omg so crass but I just love that word) because they decided, after all, that they didn't want to sell their house.


BYE BYE RAT CASTLE

In summary:
- Monday, after being jerked around:  Sent email to realtor saying "please tell the owners we want to exercise our option to cancel the contract."  I HAD also written "and tell them good luck selling their rat house" but Willis made me take that part out. 

- Realtor doesn't cancel contract that evening as asked because she was researching another offer we were about to make on another house, and we had until midnight the next night to opt out (her words were "Ali, are you SURE you aren't just doing this out of spite?")  [WHO, ME? do something purely based on emotions?  Nah.  Wrong girl....I'm very sound when it comes to this sort of stuff.....], giving Rat Castle owners more time to come back the next morning and say that they WOULD in fact fix the attic (I was demanding they strip out all of the insulation and add in new, non-rat-shit-infested insulation which they at first said no to doing).  Wow that was a really long sentence.  HOWEVER, they wouldn't just give us the money for it... they would only pay the contractors... like we couldn't be trusted with the $1K in cash.  WTF is wrong with these people?  Seriously. 

- We were ABOUT to go for it again when I asked for their utility bills at the 11th hour.  Almost $400 a month in the summer to cool your rat-infested house with the 23 year old a/c units that will both likely croak in a year, costing us around 12k?  No thanks.  Oh and your attic has raccoons and squirrels, too, people.

So, while in the end I wanted to "win" by still buying Rat Castle when they didn't want to sell it anymore, Willis responsibly reminded me that this was in fact an investment decision that should be made by looking at numbers on paper, not by trying to "win" a stand-off.

Yes, I am self aware enough to know "how I am."

IN OTHER, NON RAT NEWS....

Willis had to be out of town the last two nights (sad circumstances), and I survived!!  It turns out I wouldn't starve to death if left on my own as previously thought. 

crying baby gotta go

No comments:

Post a Comment