Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Assembly

Logie's bookshelf arrived today!  I know you are beside yourselves with excitement.  I was too, until I noticed that it was delivered in a flat-ish box.  And unless I mistakenly ordered a bookshelf for Flat Grace (hi KC!), that means... FURNITURE ASSEMBLY. 

UGH.

For the past 31.82 years I have tried to pretend that I am just as capable as the next guy of putting things together.  But the truth is, I am not.  I would even venture to say that I am completely inept.  It's not the following directions part that gets me; I can't even get past the summary page identifying each part.  They all look the same to me.  I'm not sure if the skills required for these tasks live in the same part of the brain as following a map, but if they are, then that part of my brain must've been left in the womb*.  Over time the thought HAS crossed my mind that maybe I'm just...not very smart...   BUTLET'SNOTGOCRAZYHERE. 

Anyway, here is Willis putting together the bookshelf after I gave up after step 1.  He kept offering to help while I was starting, and I kept saying "I've got this.  How hard can it be?  This looks really easy."  Fast forward 34 minutes to me walking away, muttering "it's not that I CAN'T do it, it's that I don't feel like dealing with it."  

Daisy is supervising.

For the nursery to be complete I just need to wait for the rest of the pictures for Logie's wall to arrive!  Again, I can almost feel your excitement.  I decided to do a bunch of framed b&w pics of family when we were little, instead of a gay theme.  Mimi helped scan them all in... and shockingly, I have chosen more pictures of myself than anyone else. 

Shoveling food in my mouth at all times of the day started early,
it seems.

Here's a Logie pic from today.  AND YES, HE IS STILL SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT (majorly knocking on wood).



I look like a complete tool in this picture, but Logie doesn't care.
Just love him.
  *horrid word.

No comments:

Post a Comment