Monday, July 11, 2011

Garbage

There are obv many differences with apartment vs. house living, but there is one aspect that really stands out among the rest in Austin.  And that would be the garbage situation

Dear Valet Waste,

I miss you.  I'd like to take a moment to thank you for picking up each day's worth of trash every night, right at my door.  Although I know the 11 pounds of Diaper Genie bags that we snuck in the garbage pail used to really piss you off, we didn't mean any harm.  I should have never treated you that way.  Now we have to wait a WEEK in between trash pickups, and we are feeling a little bunchy about it. 

Sincerely,
The Previous Tenants in #214.

You were never this happy at my door,
Valet Waste man.
With this new weekly pick-up, Willis has become kind of obsessed with the garbage truck, garbage man, and just the garbage in general.  This morning as I was feeding Logie (WHO SLEPT ENTIRELY THROUGH THE NIGHT THANKYOUVERYMUCH) Willis FLEW into the nursery and ripped open the Diaper Genie pail and said (kind of manic-like) "I THINK IF I HURRY I CAN PUT THIS ON TOP OF ALL OF THE OTHER TRASH BEFORE HE COMES I MEAN WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE WEEK OTHERWISE!!!" 

Several hours later I received this email from Willis who was at work:

-----Original Message-----
From: James [Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 11:06 AM
To: Ali

Subject: RE: Re:

Did you get a chance to see the garbage truck come?  I really wanted to watch it.

--------------------------
Why yes, Willis, I DID get to see the garbage truck come! 


Here's Willis rolling the can back into the garage:


He came into the house a little disappointed, though, because the recycling man left some of our packing paper down in the can.  That paper is currently in the trunk of his car, so he can drop it off at a dumpster.  Willis: "Can't be having that paper sitting there for a whole 'nother WEEK.  Can't believe they just left it in there."

Shower time!

No comments:

Post a Comment