Saturday, July 9, 2011

HOUSE

Did you think I was dead?  I wasn't.  Things have just been crazy what with MOVING INTO OUR NEW HOUSE AND ALL.  HOORAY!!  But moving with an infant... yeah, not so fun.  I think that doing so MIGHT be worse than having gonorrhea -- but since I've never had gonorrhea, I can't exactly confirm that statement.  Big relief, huh Dad? 

Anyway, brief summary of the last week or so, in no particular order:

- One of my movers, LeDon, said to me (after looking at a framed picture circa 2004) "my partner don't believe that's you.  I said 'yeah man, that's HER!  She just had a kid, that's all.' "  Thanks, LeDon.  SIDENOTE:  LEDON'S PARTNER ALSO HAD A NECK TAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2nd mover in less than a year with a neck tat.... 

- I sort of forgot to get the gas turned on at the house... and it took them OVER A WEEK to "fit us in" their schedule.  I DID manage to get lights and water (thanks to Mimi and Pops reminding me), but that pesky other one that heats water and cooks food sort of fell through the cracks. 

In retrospect, I think that we would have been ok for a while with what hot water we had left in the heater had it not been for the bubble bath I took within an hour of moving in.  I deserved that bubble bath though.  Logie Bear had a major diaper explosion in his swing, and my muscles were sore from standing around telling the movers what to do all day.  Once I was nice and relaxed in my bath I called Willis (who was back at the apartment) and said "I'm in a nice big bubble bath!!!!!!"  To which he answered "where's Logie?"  me: "Oh no worries, he's in his exersaucer right by the bathroom door and I'm singing to him."  Poor Willis.  Having to work remotely, standing up, in an apartment with nothing in it while washing his kid's shit soaked swing seat all while his wife relaxes in a fabulous bubble bath in the new house he just bought. 

- Today Willis and I went chair shopping for his media room.  Willis HATES salespeople... specifically furniture salespeople.  He has a thing.  So it should come as no surprise that Stefan the Salesman accosted us the second we stepped through the door and started tailing us throughout the store.  If we'd sit in a chair or pause AT ALL, he'd swoosh over with some fun fact about what we were looking at.  "You know, that chair is made in Mississippi."  Really, Stefan?  Did you know that I don't really give a shit where this chair is made?  As we were leaving (because Willis had HAD IT with Stefan), Willis says in his BOOMING voice -- decibels above everything and everyone else -- "YOU KNOW HOW IN JURASSIC PARK THE VELOCIRAPTORS STALK THEIR PREY BEFORE ATTACKING AND EATING THEM?  I FEEL LIKE STEFAN IS A VELOCIRAPTOR AND WE ARE HIS PREY, ABOUT TO GET EATEN.” It was SO loud.

I have to go because we are currently doing our "cry it out" program with Logie and he is screaming his head off and I feel terrible so I'm going to go outside for a bit (don't worry, Willis is doing the "check ins" -- MY POOR LITTLE LAMB). 

No comments:

Post a Comment