Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birds

Have you ever noticed that when you pull into a parking spot next to someone at a store and walk in at the same time, that often times you walk out at the same time?  This NEVER ceases to amaze me.  Really.  How is it possible for people who are shopping for TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS to end up at the SAME PLACE, SAME TIME, OVER AND OVER AND OVER?  I could think about this all day. 

It happened again yesterday at Lowe's.  Logie and I were on a mission to try and get some sort of solution for the afternoon sun that peers through the windows next to the front door (which causes Daisy to go haywire), parked next to a senior citizen man (Dad, do you know him?), walked in at the same time, and walked out at the same time.  And it wasn't really a quick in and out, either.  (That's what she said!!!)

Shockingly, our blinds mission was forgotten the moment we walked through the doors, and we started shopping for bird feeders and seed instead.  (Are you aware that some types of bird seed goes for $15?  WTF?  My dinner last night didn't cost $15.)  I wandered around the bird feeder section agonizing over which one to buy for a good 20 minutes.  The first one was too plastic, the second too tall, the third had a string that apparently squirrels could chew right through according to the Lowes worker, etc.  I could NOT DECIDE.  Finally I decided that squirrels needed to eat too, and chose one that could also double as a bird bath in case I changed my mind about feeding birds.  It was like 3 in 1 all for the price of $12!  Then we had to decide on the type of SEED.  I was dying.  I finally decided on the "Wild Seed Blend" which feeds all types of birds.  And, not coincidentally, was the cheapest. 

With this new bird feeder comes a scientific experiment in the Austin Ali house:

QUESTION:  HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE WILLIS TO NOTICE THE BIRD FEEDER THAT IS PERCHED RIGHT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW NEXT TO HIS BIG CHAIR?

This is also a test to see if he even reads his wife's blog.  Stay tuned.

HOW LONG TIL WILLIS NOTICES?? 
Experiment began at 4:40pm, 7/27/11

BREAKING NEWS (I COULDN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP IF I TRIED):  As Willis was JUST leaving for work, he walked back inside and said, "Did you know that there is some sort of hook on the window above the garage?"  me:  "Yes Willis.  That has been there since before we bought the house.  It's for a wreath."  Willis:  "Wow.  I never noticed it."  me:  "Really?  You are just noticing this?"  Willis:  "I never look up there." 

Speaking of Willis, I'm still reeling from the fact that this morning he announced that he poured MILK over his fruit for breakfast.  Sick!

After I made a gagging noise Willis said, "haven't you ever heard
of strawberries and cream?  People do this all the time."
Adios amigos!  CHEEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment