Friday, August 5, 2011

Diaper Marketing

As I have said in the past, I am not a marketing guru.  I wasn't schooled in the subject, and I haven't even really read that much about it.  And by haven't really read that much about it, I mean I haven't read anything on the subject ever.  That said, I think these diaper companies are missing the target. 

I have an idea. 

Logie is only the cutest foot model on THIS EARTH

Huggies*, I can appreciate that you think your audience responds to cartoon characters... namely Mickey / Disney.  But the thing is, my kid can't see what's on his diaper.  And if he could, he's too young to give a shit (pun intended).  I'm the one who soaks in these images hour after hour, day after day. 

Perhaps your sales would get a little boost if you used some... I dunno... DIFFERENT types of pictures on your diapers instead of a cartoon character that -- as we all know -- is majorly overplayed. 

What about....
hi ryan
OR

hey albie
OR even

AAHAHHAHAHA JUST KIDDING!!!!!!
It could be an assorted-hot-guy-diaper-grab-bag!  Like a hot-guy-surprise every time your kid takes a shit!  Genious.

Speaking of geniuses, LOGAN STARTED SOLIDS!  It was so hilarious.  He loved it!  I think he was starving. 





This solids business was a good example of the different parenting styles that exist in the Austin Ali house.  Willis was very methodical about feeding Logie; giving him small bites with the spoon, being the one feeding him, etc.  Responsible.  I on the other hand basically gave Logie the bowl and spoon and told him to have at it.  Rice cereal was flying all over the playroom by the end of my turn....

Next stop, sweet potato! 

*After being loyal Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive consumers, we are currently testing out Huggies brand due to the increased number of diaper blowouts.  I know you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment