Sunday, August 28, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday I went to an estate sale to continue my never ending quest for an antique four poster bed.  I found the whole experience quite grim... pilfering through a dead person's things and all... and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

When I was leaving, there was a sad looking old man wearing overalls on the front porch, just sitting on the stoop.  Naturally, I decided to talk to him.

me:  "Oh, is this your house?"
sad looking old man wearing overalls:  [nods head yes]
me:  "Oh, I'm so sorry sir.  It must be really hard to see strangers going through all of your belongings like that.  And I'm sorry about your wife."
sad looking old man wearing overalls [SHOUTING because he is obviously hard of hearing]:  MA WAAFE IS JUST TAKIN' A LONG TIME SHOPPIN.'  I'M JUST A'WAITIN' HERE FOR HER."

Can you say ASS?
_____________________________

Our neighbor's kid knocked on the door yesterday afternoon selling discount cards ("Would you like to buy a Tiger card?"  "Would I ever!!")  to local restaurants and the like that I'm sure we'll never use.  Thankfully I answered the door, because I'm quite certain Willis would've told him to take a hike.  Anyway, after I handed the kid $10 (from Willis's wallet), he said, "thanks.  You'll have the card on Monday probably."  So, as a joke, I stuck my finger out and said, all serious-like, "WE BETTER."  This poor kid looked like he had seen a ghost... HE WAS TERRIFIED. 

I felt terrible!!  I started laughing and said, "ohmygosh I'm totally kidding!  I don't care when we get the card.  Don't worry."  And he sort of half laughed and high tailed it home.  Turns out, 3rd graders don't really get my sense of humor.

_____________________________



my cuddlebug


thanks for the prune juice mom, I feel lots better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment