Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pen pal

Logie received a nice letter from his pen pal in Boston (Nat Nat) the other day. 


He just mailed back a postcard with a nice, appropriate-for-a-second-grader response, but later he told me what he really wanted to write.

Dear Natalie,
Thank you for sharing that you are having what I consider to be near perfect weather in Massachusetts.  I appreciate you asking about our weather in Texas, too.  In Austin, the weather is what you call hotter than balls.  Have you ever heard that expression?  If not, let me take a moment to explain.  Basically you start sweating the second you step outside, and it's hard to breathe.  Swass, or SWAMP-ASS, is common.  Rain is nonexistent, and if you were to throw a lit match out your window, you would likely burn down 3/4 of the city within an hour.
My mom and dad have decided they want to move back to Boston, so I might be seeing you in a few years on more of a regular basis.
And sorry to hear that you can't use your kitchen because of the construction.  My mom rarely uses our kitchen, but it seems to be in fine working order to me. 

Sincerely,
Logan


FML
  

No comments:

Post a Comment