Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby HUH?

Willis and I have just returned from our last class, Baby Care Basics.  This was intended to be the grand finale of all of the classes for us -- the class that answered all remaining questions we have about caring for baby Logan.

Instead, it has left me feeling panicky that I have no idea what the hell to do with this precious baby we are about to have (who God willing will be coming home with us on February 4th). 

The class was set up with us first watching videos from 1972 about wiping butts, bathing the baby, boiling bottles, etc., and then there were "learning stations" for us to practice with a (fake but stinky) baby.  Willis said he can't stop thinking about the diaper explosion of a massive shit that they showed on one of the videos, but I found that part funny.  In fact, during our class break it dawned on me that we should start a contest of who has the worst diaper change once Logan is here.  We can post pictures on a bulletin board in Logan's room of The Worst Diaper Yet.  I can't wait.

Also during our break a hospital worker who was wheeling a wheelchair towards the ER stopped in front of us and asked, "oh, do you all need a wheelchair?!?" as I was trying to sit down on a couch.  Um, no, but thanks for asking.

We ended up leaving the class / baby learning station part early because (1) I couldn't deal with touching all of the things everyone kept sneezing on and (2) I got completely overwhelmed when I realized I would have likely torn a real baby's arm out of his socket putting on a onesie.  Willis is of course a natural and has infant experience because of his nephews, so at least one of us will know what the hell to do.

I'M SCARED.

No comments:

Post a Comment