Monday, January 3, 2011

Will

Cath just got a message on her voicemail from yours truly that said, "hey just calling you back.  I think we talked about this over Thanksgiving but I just thought I'd let you know I'm naming you and Aaron as guardians for Logan in my will, and you will also be trust overseers for him.  K, hope you're having a good day!"  Maybe you aren't supposed to leave messages like that on people's voicemails, but it's probably better I let her know in case Willis and I croak in the time it takes for her to call me back, right?  That's what I thought. 

But as I was going through the will more, I realized that I'm too superstitious to name Logan as my "child" since he's not here yet.  So, there's yet another "thing" that has to wait until he's actually here for me to do.  Last night I told Willis I wanted to order these hanging tiles for Logan's nursery with his name on them, but even Willis was too spooked for that.  He said, "shouldn't we have a birth certificate in hand with his name on it before doing stuff like that?"  I LOVE that my neurosis is wearing off on Willis, too.  Love.

I'm too overwhelmed to do anymore baby-related things right now, so I'm off to research beach houses for a family vaca we are planning!  Woot woot!  It was totally my idea and everyone loves it, by the way.  Big pat on the back, taking a bow. 

Love,
The Cankles


Lookin' hot.

1 comment:

  1. Massachusetts is about to pass a law allowing people to will their pets to guardians. You should really consider establishing guardianship for Sox and Daisy too. Maybe Aunt Lise is interested???

    ReplyDelete