Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baahahhahahaaaa

I'm taking a break from a painting project for Logan's room (and by painting project I mean recreating a couple of paintings that I found online... and I use the term  "recreating" because I feel like that sounds better than COPYING).  Who needs to buy art when you have a Michael's right down the street?  Not this girl.  No sir.  Well maybe this girl.  We'll see how it goes.

Is it illegal to do that?  I think it is.  But how do they know that I didn't have the same idea in my head the whole time and just came across the pictures coincidentally?  I'd like to post the pictures but I'm afraid that I'll get caught by the internet copyright police.  I MEAN BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE READING MY BLOG AND ALL.  And I'm sure that the artist would come across it immediately and get angry, so I'll play it safe.  Plus my picture upload tool is being a tool and doesn't seem to be allowing me to upload them. 

I am sure that you are just dying to see them, so maybe once the nursery is all nice and done you can play I Spy once I post pictures.  I'll give you a hint - they have a blue background and have baby lambs, moons and stars on them.
The lamb looked kind of like this.

Speaking of baby lambs....  Baby lambs make me think back to my college days when Catherine and I had the great idea that we were going to buy a little baby lamb and keep it in the backyard as a pet.  We got the idea on the way to go pick up some kegs for a party we were having that night, and ended up stopping on the way home at some random farm.  How we knew that farm existed and that there were baby lambs for sale is beyond me, because wasn't this before the internet existed?  Maybe there were Lambs For Sale! signs at the keg warehouse. 

We thought that we could build a shed for it out back, and instead of having to worry about its mess, we were going to have it wear a diaper.  We cooked up this whole plan on the way home and told the rest of our roommates about it, who shockingly didn't seem as excited as we were about it.  I asked Cath about it today and she remembers that we were going to try and keep it in the backyard of a fraternity house where we used to hang out, but I guess that plan didn't really come to fruition, either.  It's funny - both of our memories are a bit foggy from back in those days.  I wonder why. 

I also wonder what that baby lamb is doing now........   

Here is a pic of Cath and me waaaay back in the day.
Little did we know at the time she was gonna
MARRY MY BROTHER! 
And I'm clearly sucking in my stomach here.
Oh and I am just holding that cigarette for someone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment