Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hibernate


In case you're wondering about the picture, it's a hibernating bear - and I think it's where I belong for the rest of my pregnancy.  I might need to pimp out my cave a bit with a wedge pillow, a water cooler and some yogurt (can't.get.enough.yogurt), but I think I could make it cozy.  It would just be safer for everyone.

Today Willis and I did suburbanite things like go to the Crocs outlet store and Bed Bath and Beyond (come to mama, Mr. Dyson!).  I asked him if he felt like Will Ferrell in Old School (Frank: "Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.") but he said no.  Poor Willis.  Before Baby K came along, a typical Saturday for us used to revolve around drinking margaritas and playing gin outside at a bar til dusk. 

Back to the hibernating.  I think it would just be better for everyone for me to just hide for a while for the following reasons:

Reason #1

During lunch, Willis asked me if I had something against the woman who helped us at the Crocs store.

me:  "What do you mean?  No, she was fine."
Willis:  "Well, I think she thought that you hated her, as did I."
me:  "How come?"
Willis:  "Because when she told you the ones they didn't have in your size were discontinued and you couldn't order them online, you said, 'well, that's helpful' [insert snippy, biting tone]."

Apparently she gave an offended look, but I didn't notice.  I felt bad after Willis told me that and even asked if I should call the store and tell her I was sorry for being a brat.  He said no.  I mean I remember saying that, but I meant it more towards Crocs - not her specifically.  Hey lady - I'm not a bitch, I'm just misunderstood!  (well........)

Reason #2

While Willis went to get a massage to get the crick out his neck (he could only turn it one way so I kept taunting him with my neck movement abilities saying, "I'm an owl!  I'm an owl!"), I went to Home Goods for more house stuff and managed to shatter some merchandise and make a big scene.  Thankfully the Home Goods dude was nice about it, and didn't enforce the You-Break-It-You-Buy-It rule. 

What do you guys think about this shower curtain?  I think I love it but I'm also hesitant to get it in case I actually hate it. 



Lastly, Willis informed me this afternoon that he thinks the name Logan is getting too much air time and we need to give Evan a fighting chance.  So, it's Evan this week (sorry, Logan, I know you're probably confused, but let's just play along for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment