Monday, November 1, 2010

Moving moving moving

I'm feeling a little awkward just sitting here while the movers pack up all of our stuff around me, but not awkward enough to help.  And I might seem impossible to please, but when I asked them if they were planning on writing out the contents of each box on the outside, they said, "oh.  yeah.  but we don't have any pens."  If you were planning on labeling everything, why didn't you bring pens?   He also asked me if I wanted them to pack all of our clothes that are in the closet.  I wonder - has anyone ever answered, "oh no thanks, we're going to just leave all of our clothes here and just get all new ones.  But thanks for the offer." 

This is the reason why I thought it would be best for everyone if I just tossed the guys the keys and got the hell out of here.  But when I asked the coordinator guy if I could leave while they were here, he said, "sure, that's fine - just take all of your valuables with you."  HUH?  That of course made me paranoid so I packed up all of our so-called valuables and made Willis put them in the trunk of the car.  Example:  #5 of Willis's to-do list yesterday:  "Take julep cups out of cabinet and put in bag." 

Don't worry, I did my research (hello, Angie's list, I pay you $5.95/mo for a reason!) and these guys scored the among the highest.  Mustang Movers.  "Strong, Fast & Dependable."  Mustang was right up there with Aloha Movers, but money talks and Mustang was $350 cheaper.  I enjoyed meeting the Aloha guy, though, because he showed up to give me a quote wearing a Hawaiian shirt.  He even said he was from Hawaii! 

As I sit here watching these guys bustle around, I'm also listening to my cats absolutely destroy the guest bathroom next to me.  Like it sounds like there is an 800 pound gorilla locked in a metal box that is trying to escape.  I think we just said farewell to any chance we had of getting back that pet deposit considering Daisy has managed to scratch the OUTSIDE of the bathroom door from the inside.  Those claws... 

I had to take off my engagement ring/wedding band because it was cutting off my circulation!  So that Logan doesn't appear to be illegitimate - NO OFFENSE ANYBODY - I think I might pick up a fakey at Macy's or something to wear until I'm not all puffy.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment