Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Guess I'm a Worrier

Why did Pink have to go ruining her new song with the "if you're too SCHOOL for COOL" line?  I find it so annoying and of course it is the only portion of that song that gets stuck in my head.  Just thought I'd share - and maybe get it in your head, too - so we are in this together.  And while we are on the music topic, I'm still undecided on whether or not I like Rihanna. 

Yesterday Willis and I were eating lunch next to this tree at one of our favorite places in Austin.  Willis was humoring me by eating outside as he would much prefer sit at the bar, but I pulled the "oh but I'm afraid of falling out of those high bar stools and hurting the baby!" which he couldn't very well argue with...and sadly, it's true.  I guess I'm a worrier... THAT'S WHY MY FRIENDS CALL ME WHISKERS!  (never gets old)

Anyway, I got sad looking at this tree.  This thing has been around forever, and then someone had to go and drill lighting into it.  I asked Willis if he thought the tree was sad about it, and he said no and also pointed out that it didn't have a central nervous system so it didn't hurt, either, but it still made me sad. 

Here is an example of my thought process these days.  Last night we were watching some show on Food Network (yes our lives are super exciting these days) and Willis said, "look at that kid - that's gonna be Logan one day!"  And I noticed that the kid was eating a hot dog - which made me immediately think of choking - and I said, "oh chew it chew it, don't choke!" then said, "speaking of, we need to find that baby CPR class to take."  CAN YOU SAY NEUROTIC?!  Poor Logan.  I probably won't let him get his driver's license until he needs to drive himself to the alter.  Speaking of Logan, he is not messing around about this whole me not allowed to sleep on my right side gig.  This morning I thought if I was really quiet about it, like a bunny, that I would trick him and he wouldn't know.  WRONG!  I was sent airborne by one of hardest kicks I have ever felt.  Logan wins again! 

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. 
Doesn't Willis look funny here?  He reminds me of an ant
when they carry those big crumbs on their backs.


Doesn't Daisy look sweet here?  Well, she's not.  She's been
guarding the litter box so poor Sox can't go and also
randomly attacking him.  Daisy is #1 on my shit list right now.


We love sitting in wet showers. 

2 comments:

  1. "I have a couple of friends that call me whiskers" ... http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/985394/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, Whiskers! You're curious like a cat!

    ReplyDelete