Monday, November 29, 2010

Ranting and Raving

I am e x t r e m e l y close to flying into a pregnancy-related I-can't-sleep-since-I'm-so-uncomfortable-but-even-if-I-could-sleep-I-wouldn't-be-able-to-anyway-because-Andre-the-Giant-and-his-family-upstairs-have-decided-to-either-put-on-a-jump-rope-competition-or-a-parade-right-now-and-it-sounds-as-if-my-ceilings-are-going-to-collapse-at-any-moment rage, so I thought I would catch up on the blog.

I swear I am not just a drama queen (well, ok, I know that I am, but that is beside the point).  A few weeks ago we had to dismantle our kitchen light fixture because it sounded like it was going to come flying off the ceiling at any moment because of The Giants and their performances upstairs. 

See, we weren't quite ready to buy a house here yet so thought that we were making the right move by doing apartment living for just one more year.  [Thought process:  Aren't we being smart by renting an apartment so that we don't have to worry about maintenance on a rented house, or even trash pickup for that matter?  Think of all the money we'll save!  I was also terrified of burglars if we moved into a house - true story.]  Clearly I'm not really feeling that way at this moment, since along with apartment living comes neighbors, and neighbors are becoming less appealing by the second.  And by less appealing by the second, I mean I loathe them. 

I can't wait until Logan is here for a million reasons, but reason #1,000,001 is so that we can get revenge on The Giants upstairs.  Sukahs!  WAAAH WAAAAH!  Oh, you hear baby crying?  Ahahhaha can't sleep?  Too bad so sad!  (Yikes, is she always this scary?  And does she always sound foreign when she's angry?  THE ANSWER IS YES.) 

THIS is what I am sure is happening upstairs every night,
except add in a few big parade floats and a jump rope.

Oh no and now Sox is looking at something VERY intently which usually means some sort of deadly insect, but he's staring in the air so maybe our apartment is haunted, too.  That's all I need.  (DEBBIE DOWNER ALERT - WAHH WAHHHHHHH!)  OMG now he is pawing at nothing at the air.  AH!!

I am sure he is looking at a ghost.

Well, I had intended this post to be about the joys of the past Thanksgiving holiday, so maybe I'll just start fresh tomorrow with that one since I feel like this current post might be tainted with a wee bit of negative energy.  BUT, I will leave you with some exciting news - which is even more exciting to me at this moment since The Giants are still at it - I think we are going to build a house!  Willis is sold on the idea, but I'm still not 100% on board... mainly because I fear that we would never finish it since I would never be able to make up my mind on flooring choices, cabinet finishes, etc.  I am certain that I would walk by my cabinets every day thinking, "oh, maybe I should have gone with the darker hue.  Oh, or maybe not.  Do I even like these?" 

Here's to hoping for everyone's sake that I wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment