Saturday, October 30, 2010

Namaste

As I was driving today, I realized that when I talk to Logan in the car, I scream at him. 

"DO YOU LIKE THIS SONG, LOGAN?!!?" 

"ARE YOU READY FOR YOGA, LOGAN!???!?!?!" 

"NAMASTE LOGAN!!!!!" 

I don't know why I do this, but the poor kid is probably terrified of me.  Or he won't recognize me at the hospital during our first official meeting.  Actually scratch that - I will probably have screamed so much by that point he'll know for sure that it's me, so maybe it's a good thing I'm breaking him in early. 

Now onto yoga.  If there were yoga tryouts to get into this class, I wouldn't make the cut.  It's embarrassing, actually.  Today when the instructor said that we needed buddies for a certain pose, she made a beeline for me.  I'm thinking it's because she was afraid I was going to hurt the other students - like I'm a liability. 

This is a picture of what I don't look like at yoga.

I was just telling Willis that they do about 100 downward dogs per minute, and he said, "isn't that just standing there on your hands and feet?"  Hmph.  Try doing it with a human in YOUR belly, Willis!!!!!  Since he thinks it's so easy I asked him to do one so I could post the picture, but he said no.   Then he went to go check on the pot roast he prepared for us while I was taking a nap.

Each time the instructor says things like, "if you want to go to the next step, try ___"  or "to go deeper, do ____" I immediately tune her out and know she isn't talking to me.  I also loathe the word "deeper" but that's beside the point.  Today she said to me (after quarantining me from the rest of her students), "I'm glad that you have time to practice before you go into labor - this will really help."  Thanks, lady. 

Off to get ready for the big move which is happening on Monday.  Actually, I'm not really doing anything since they are going to be packing for us, too, but it makes me feel better to just organize and move stuff around a little.  And by organize and move stuff around a little, I mean sit on the couch. 

Namaste everybody!

You would NEVER believe what Little Willis got caught looking at
on the internet.  Dirty Birdy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment