Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Music

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with this song?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkjljBNTLs4

Since the "Hits 1" station on Sirius seems to only be capable of playing the same 4 "hits" over and over each month, I have heard that song probably 467 times in the last week.  I find myself waiting on the edge of the seat for the guy to say the "aksjdalsdjaksldj AMERICANO!" part (which is all they say), tapping away until the next time they say it, and then finding myself really annoyed by the end.  But then it's in my head all day and I can't wait until the next time I hear it. 

When Hits 1 just gets too repetitive, I have been known to listen to The Blend, which Willis hates.  The Blend is described as, "Light Hits from the 80's, 90's and today with no rap or hard stuff."  Sometimes he won't realize that it's even on The Blend and will endure a few really awful songs before realizing that I was the last one messing with the radio. 

I am probably the least unhip person that you will ever meet when it comes to music (and it's entirely possible that I'm just generally unhip and not self aware enough to realize it).  Example #1:  Yesterday on the way to the doctor's office, Aaron Neville's "Everybody Plays the Fool" came on (The Blend, obv.) and I turned it up. 

When I was younger, I used to steal CDs from my dad's collection (along with both of my brothers - thanks, Adam, for Steve Miller Band's greatest hits, and Aaron for some Beastie Boys CDs that I hated but thought were cool to have). 

My Dad had a wall of CDs which I took upon myself to turn into my private music store every once in a while (more like regularly because he was always restocking them since his daughter kept stealing all of his CDs).  You might be thinking, "well that's why she's so unhip with music - she got all of her CDs from her dad's collection" but he actually had some pretty good stuff.  I skipped right over the good stuff, though, and went straight for the real winners.  Wilson Phillips.  Example #2 on how I am unhip with music - "Hold On" came on the radio the other day (yes, The Blend) and I was happy.

I pity my friends who received mix tapes from me growing up.  I remember thinking I was so edgy including Lisa Loeb's "Stay" on the mixes, along with a little Eagles' "Hotel California."  It's probably a good thing that we sold our Austin City Limits tickets this year, because even though there were going to be well over 100 bands, basically the only ones I recognized were Blues Traveler and Nora Jones.

Is Logan destined to be a loser?!

No comments:

Post a Comment