Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

No less than 20 minutes of my day today was spent in the candy isle at Target, agonizing over which assorted bag to buy.  (Baby Logan/Evan has really developed quite the sweet tooth, and I need to be prepared in case the only kid that lives in our building shows up early for Halloween.)  I finally went with the Hershey Kiss/Mr. Goodbar/Hershey Bar/Krackel (who I want to marry)/Reese Cup/Special Dark combo.  I was initially turned off by this combination, because they HAD to throw that Special Dark in there.  Who eats those?  I actually feel kind of bad for Special Dark. 
Really, Special Dark?  Nobody likes you. 
Next on the agenda was the candle isle, which consisted of another 15 minutes smelling every candle, struggling between the cinnamon and pumpkin spice.  To be fair, part of this time was spent by me shooting dirty looks to a woman who was being mean to her kids, so let's call it 12 minutes on candles.  Pumpkin spice came out on top, by the way.

It's amazing to me how it can take me insane amounts of time to decide on something as trivial as candles and candy, when life changing or expensive decisions I will happily make in a second.  Move 2,000 miles away to Texas?  Why not!  Test drive?  Who needs a test drive - we'll take it.

Right now in the Kilham household there is a scientific experiment going on.  At the grocery the other day [domestic goddess] I was like a deer in headlights trying to decide between tissue brands.  Should I spend the extra 40 cents on Kleenex brand, when the HEB brand looks just as good AND has a cowboy picture on it?  So, I decided to get both.  Willis's allergies have been acting up so he has been my subject.  I've asked him to alternate between boxes every time he has to blow his nose.  He said he's leaning towards the HEB brand, but I think that's just because he likes the picture of the cowboy on it.

Willis (aka good sport of the year) with the Kilham scientific experiment. 

1 comment: