Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bon Appetit

I was really proud of myself earlier this afternoon because I went to Whole Foods and got all of the fixings for a nice chili - you know, to celebrate the cold front we are having here in Tejas. 

The only thing Willis had to do was chop the onion and garlic, as I am still not very skilled with sharp objects... 

Once I read over the recipe, though, I realized that I accidentally got tomato SAUCE instead of tomato PASTE.  I decided to just add 2 cans of tomato sauce to compensate.  (Turns out we had an extra one hiding in the cabinet that's probably 2 years old, but canned goods last a long time, right?  25 cent luff you long time!)  I'm sure it will be just the same, even though Willis informed me that they are "actually quite different." 

After tasting it, it was pretty bland - even with special chili seasoning... so, I added some salt.  WAY too much salt.  So, I added in an extra 2 cups of water to try and dilute it...

Willis:  "You know that once you cook off all that water it will be just as salty, right?"
Me:  "No." 

Really looking forward to a delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment