Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vacation

When your doctor asks, "did you go on vacation recently?" after reviewing your weight difference from the previous month, it probably means that you've gained a few. 

I think we all know that I haven't been on vacation this month. 

After turning 100 shades of crimson followed by outloud laughing, all I could say was, "Halloween candy?"

So, ladies and gentlemen, the eating party is over.  I'm saying goodbye to my beloved Blue Bell ice cream after every meal, along with ordering cheesecake/key lime pie/fudge brownies after every meal we eat out.   I would say goodbye to the Halloween candy, but I polished off that bag last night.

The Halloween sugar cookies I made for the doctor's office staff didn't really help the problem, either.  I think I ate about 46 cookies over the course of 2 days.  You know, to make sure everything still tasted ok.  I also had to inhale half of the cookie dough in raw form to make sure that was ok, too.  (Don't worry, it was store bought so no risk of contaminating Baby Logan with salmonella.  I'm not THAT industrious.) 

The cookies were definitely a hit at the office, but there was one teeny tiny problem with the bag that I was planning on giving to the doc.  You see, when you have cats, they shed.  On everything.  So I had the bag in my hand, ready to give to the doctor when she came in the room, when I noticed a white Sox hair on the left wing of her bat cookie. 

I had Willis inspect it, too, and he was able to move the hair onto the plastic, but it was still in there.  It was like we were playing hot potato with the cookies (which were all broken by this point), and I could hear her outside the door.

Willis:  "You can't really see the hair now that it's on the plastic part." 
me:  "We can't give her hairy cookies!  We have to throw it away.  Hurry!  Just hide it under my sweater."

So Willis shoved the bag under my sweater just in time. 

The problem is, I had given about 10 bags out to all of the various office staff I encountered.  (In retrospect, I should have skipped that mean woman who weighed me, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say...)  So now I'm worried that my doctor now thinks I don't like her since I gave everyone cookies but her. 

On my way out, I shoved the bag (along with the gift bag that was carrying all of the cookies) into the trash can in the exam room.  What if she sees it?  And what if all of the other cookies are infested with cat hair, too?  I am never doing THAT again.

In case you can't believe that I am capable of making cookies, here is proof:
They sort of looked like blobs at first.
More blobs

It turns out you can use the cookie cutters AFTER they bake, too.
Wonder how many cat hairs are there....

Who, me?  Shed?


No comments:

Post a Comment