Thursday, October 21, 2010

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have mentioned to my mother that the Park Plaza Hotel (where we are all staying this weekend in Boston) had recent bedbug reports.  I shouldn't have even gone looking for the information to begin with, but I guess I'm just a worrier - that's why my friends call me whiskers!  (That's for all of you Harry Caray / Will Ferrell fans out there...) 
 
 


From: Ali
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:04 PM
To: Mom and Dad

Subject:

I couldn’t help it – I looked up the Park Plaza in Boston on the bed bug registry.  Let’s just say that we don’t want to stay on the 5th floor. 


From: Mom and Dad
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:14 PM
To: Ali
Subject: RE:

OMG- what should we do???
m 


I've been fretting about this information for the last 12 hours or so, but I feel better now that I have The Plan.  I'm going to fight back.  We thought of switching hotels, but it seems most hotels in Boston have had recent bbg (I can't even type the word anymore it's so NASTY) reports, and we also already paid for the room since we used AmEx points.  I called the front desk and told them not to put either of our rooms on the 5th floor (where it seems the bbgs have taken up residence), but I don't think that is enough.

Here's The Plan.  Please note Willis thinks I am completely neurotic, but this girl is going to do everything she can to not bring bbgs home to live in her heavenly Sterns and Foster bed. 
- As soon as we get to the room, we are putting our bags in the bathroom, where they will stay. On the luggage rack, in the shower.


- Willis will be lifting the mattress up and doing a major inspection around the room while I hide in the bathroom with the bags. 


- I'm taking a bunch of big ziplock bags (aren't there sizes that people can store toys in and stuff?) for our dirty clothes (note the clothes are not allowed to touch the floor or any of the chairs in the room).


- We'll do hair checks before we leave like these monkeys do.  I've been studying the video.  They are so thorough!  The only difference - if I do find a bbg on Willis, I won't eat it, and I probably won't sit next to him on the plane, either.  


Smokey the Bear says only YOU can prevent bbg infestations!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment