Monday, October 11, 2010

Stand-off

There is a stand-off going on right now in Austin Texas.  It's between the below load of laundry and me.  The towels are clean, I just don't want to fold them.  So it has been sitting in that laundry basket for the last few days.  The last time this happened it lasted almost a month until I finally gave in and lost the battle.  (Hi Mom, aren't you proud?!)  I think the basket and golf shoes have become friends, too, so it would almost be cruel to separate them at this point.  (Yes I am aware I need to get out more.)

I don't know why I hate folding towels so much (or any laundry for that matter), because almost every time I complete the task I think, "well that wasn't so bad, was it?" 

If it were up to me, I'd just leave clean clothes in the dryer and use that as my chest of drawers.  I don't see any shame in getting dressed in the laundry room.  In fact, a few weeks ago I did this for several days until Willis had to wash some of his clothes, so mine had to get out of the way (see Exhibit A).  If Willis's clothes could just stay clean, my plan would have worked great.  Just whittle away the clean clothes until the dryer is empty, wash/dry clothes, repeat. 


Exhibit A
 I feel like this housewife gig is really going well so far, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment