Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary Willis!

This day 2 years ago we were in the Bahamas (along with ~60 of our closest friends and family), GETTING M-A-R-R-I-E-D!  I'm still so very happy I married Willis -- which is probably a good thing, right?

Here is us with our wedding license, the day before the wedding.  We are 75% certain that it's legal in the States.

Looking back, I think this jewelry looks like kind of Flintstone-ish.
Don't worry, I won't go into a big sap-fest on how great Willis is (he is so great), how much I love him (I love him lots and lots) etc., because I'm not really a big sap as it is, and nobody wants to hear it anyway.  (Although that's never really stopped me in the past, now has it?)  I WILL say that I am positive that there is nobody else on this earth who could make me half as happy as Willis does.  OK one last Willis tidbit then I'll stop - but did you know that Willis has never missed one of Logan's doctor's appointments?  (Well wait there IS one he didn't go to, but that was because my mom was in town and we thought 3 of us going was overkill.)  And these days there are a lot of them, considering I now have to go to 2 separate practices (one for The Dreaded Gestational Diabetes and one just for my regular doc), so Willis is logging in some serious doctor time.  

OK so maybe this blog will be a LITTLE on the sap side.  But nobody is forcing you to keeping reading, now, are they?  

Willis also leaves me notes like the below.  It's not because I'm an invalid (I mean at least I don't THINK it's because he thinks I am a total moron...)  I think it's because he's thoughtful.  But now that I'm thinking about it, this note WAS left right after I almost filled up the car with diesel fuel (after I had to ask a stranger for help on how to open up the gas tank).  How the hell would I know that's what the green handle meant?  Willis didn't give me a hard time about it, though.  He just said, "man, that would have ruined the car."  And that was it.


It's shocking to me that Willis still proposed even after seeing me wear this heinous hair thing.  This pic was taken at Cath and Aaron's going away party, circa 2005.


Willis also lets me dress him up for Halloween.  This was taken in the first apartment we lived in together, also in 2005.  LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE!  You know, the same apartment where I looked out the window and saw the homeless man then gave the man Willis's down comforter and pillow.


Willis can also make friends with anyone.  This was taken in Jamaica where the theme of the trip was, "Do you know Barrington McNeil?  He saved my dad's life here 30 years ago from a sailing accident."  Nobody knew Barrington McNeil, and I'm certain of that because we asked every single person in Negril.  But we are all very happy for Barrington McNeil, so let's just pretend that the guy in the picture below is actually B McN, k?



I'm fairly certain it wasn't Willis's idea to get on stage with this band, but he clearly plays along with my antics.  I haven't been drinking here. 


  
Happy Anniversary, mer!!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment