Monday, December 27, 2010

I'M NOT COMFY!



You really missed quite a performance last night.  Complaint #46,543:  Now my tailbone feels like someone has smashed it with a sledgehammer, so it's hard to find a good seat anywhere in the house.  So, I thought I'd try my luck watching TV from bed.  Clearly it went well.  I tried a variety of different areas in the bed, but sideways by the edge won in the end.  

Below you will find the cast of pillows that were in the show.

Main character:
  • Snoogle - Roomie loves her Snoogle; mine has lived on the floor for the last few months because I just.couldn't.deal.with.it's.tangled.mess.of.a.shape.  I'm giving him another chance.  He worked for about 4.2 minutes last night, which is a good run in comfort these days, so I think he's back in the rotation.
 Supporting cast:
  • 2 wedge pillows - one for the front bump, one for the back bump.  The other night Willis was using my fave wedge for head support and he said, "what's that smell?  It's like a baby powder smell or something.  I like it."  And I said, "oh that's the Clarins shit for stretch marks that also doesn't work that you paid over $55 for that has rubbed off on the pillow."  Willis seemed a little grossed out at first but then said, "well it smells nice."
  • Airplane neck pillow - never underestimate these little gems with the hole in the middle.  It's like having one of those blowup donut pillows they sell at CVS, but you don't feel like such a loser using it. 
  • Logan's Boppy pillow - I figured if it's good enough for him, maybe I should try it out.  It's INCREDIBLY itchy... I still have to wash the cover.  Add that to the list.
  • Old "for show" roll pillow from Boston guest room comforter set - this guy has really come up from behind and proven to be a real winner in terms of back support.  It matches nothing I have in the house since I donated the comforter back in Boston, but I'm keeping him around.  Pink stripey.
  • Big White Body Pillow from Bed Bath & Beyond - I had my doubts about this guy at first because it only set me back $10, but boy is it comfy.  He's proven to be the real steady eddy throughout the last 6 months or so, which has won him a spot in the bed every night:
He gets to snuggle every night because he is just.that.good.
Big White Body Pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond, I love you.


Extras:
  • Rando pillows from the bed - these guys deserve at least a mention, just because of all of the abuse they endure throughout the night.  I'm constantly beating them to a pulp, folding them, drooling on them etc.  They might not be Big White Body Pillow, but they still hold a special place in my bed. 

NAPTIME!
OH and PS:  Those Tums on the bedside table aren't a prop.  I eat those babies all.night.long.

No comments:

Post a Comment