Sunday, December 26, 2010

Santa Willis + Austin Ali = TLA

I have to say, Santa Willis really knocked it out of the park this Christmas.  Under the tree was the digital slr camera that I have been after for a while now -- hooray!  Now I just need to learn how to use it.  And not drop it.  I have to say, my brainpower (and dexterity) these days is significantly lower than it was before, and that really isn't saying much.  See, there was an example in this first paragraph -- I used "I have to say" twice without really even knowing it.

Let's hug it out, D3100.
Poor Santa Willis also told me that he drove all over Austin trying to find the Aveda hand lotion I casually mentioned I was out of in case Santa needed another stocking stuffer idea.  I thought everyone knew that you can only buy Aveda at Aveda...?  Aren't people born knowing this information?  Apparently not.  Well, apparently not straight men, anyway, and we all know Santa Willis is straight.  BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW!

Anyway, he said he started out at CVS (HAHA!  Aveda at CVS!!), then a lady he asked at CVS sent him to some beauty supply store (HAHA!  Willis at a beauty supply store!!), then the beauty supply store sent him to a few Aveda salons... which were all closed.  Poor thing had to go to THE MALL on CHRISTMAS EVE.  After he told me that I said, "oh Willis -- you poor thing...  And this isn't even the right kind!"  But I was kidding.  He said he knew it was the right kind since he took a picture of the empty bottle for reference before he left for his Aveda journey.  I love Willis. 

On Christmas Eve, the three of us (Willis, Double Chin and I) all went to Perry's to cash in on that filet I complained about.  I was still semi-sick and all stuffed up, and I was having trouble hearing.  I kept asking Willis, "AM I SHOUTING!?" and he would kind of laugh and say, "sometimes."  But I couldn't help it.  I felt as though I was under water.

While we were waiting for our food, we were talking about how we are going to have to install a screen door on the outside of Logan's room because of the cats.  I have put a lot of thought into this, and I think it's the only option.  It was initially my mom's idea, then I did some research online and others who have [troublesome] cats have also recommended this.  See, I'm not sure if you know this, but we have really, really high maintenance cats.  If they are locked out of anywhere, they will relentlessly howl and scratch until you give in and open the door.  This includes the bathroom when you are in the middle of going (#1, people, #1), etc.  They couldn't give two shits about going in a room if the door is open, but the second you close a door, it's ON. 

Anyway, as we were talking about it, one of our waiters came up to refill our water and after I thought he had left I said, "I MEAN I KNOW IT'S GOING TO LOOK REALLY REDNECK AND TRAILER PARK, BUT WHAT OTHER OPTION DO WE HAVE?!!!!" but the waiter had snuck up behind me to refill my water at the very moment I said [shouted] that.  It isn't my fault I couldn't hear him still there!  I felt kind of like an ass -- I mean what if he was a redneck and/or lived in a trailer?  But then I realized that he probably makes more money at that restaurant than I ever did, and as Willis pointed out, "well he DEFINITELY makes more money than you do now.  And if he does live in a trailer, that just means he owns and we don't."  True story, Willis.  But maybe that just means you need to up my allowance.

Double Chin and I had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner.

Willis, Double Chin and I were also talking about how people who don't celebrate Christmas must HATE it since the whole world revolves around Christmas.  How it must be such an inconvenience since everything is closed, and everyone around you just assumes that you celebrate Christmas even if you don't.  Well, as we were waiting for the valet to bring the car around I was talking to a nice lady who asked me how much longer I had until my due date, etc.  Note this woman obviously didn't celebrate Christmas.  Anyway, Willis came up and said, "honey, the car is here" then acknowledged the nice un-Christian lady and said, "WELL, YOU HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS NOW!!!!!!  BYE!!!!!!"

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

Love,
Ali and Double Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment