Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Scale

Willis and I have so much in common.  I realized just how much we have in common today at the doctor's office -- after I stepped on the scale. 

When we got into the exam room and were waiting for the nurse, Willis informed me that I weigh as much as he did when he graduated from college. 

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Now don't go all thinking that Willis is That Guy -- you know, the ass that gives his wife a hard time about stuff like that -- he's NOT.  He is actually quite the opposite.  We were more just having a conversation and laughing about it after I said, "yikes, I never thought I'd see THAT number on a scale.") 

You probably think I am fretting about this, which perhaps I should be doing.  But I don't feel too too bad about this new weight revelation for the following reasons:

(1.) I think Willis graduated college in like 1983, so I think that scales were different back then, anyway.  
(2.) I was wearing my sweet velor track suit and Uggs, which I know must have added 10 pounds considering the week before last I was in shorts and flip flops.  
(3.) I've seen pictures of Willis when he was that age, and he was one scrawny mo-fo.
(4.) I am so bloated and uncomfortable I don't give a shit about much right now, which includes the fact that I weigh what my [over 6'2"] husband weighed at one point in his life.

So, moving right along.

Since I'm on this "special" diabetes diet, there are a million things I can't eat.  Thankfully, 99% of people that have this when they are prego are fine once the baby is born, and God willing I'm not in that 1%, I'll be able to go back to eating normal foods the day Logan is born (you know, foods that are packed with refined sugar and fried goodness which I'll probably binge eat causing me to gain even MORE weight than I have since I've been deprived for so long.  But, I digress.)  All day and all night long I will say to Willis, "OH I want THAT after the baby is born.  No no - I want THAT."  You know, like the kid in the shopping cart at the grocery store in the checkout line looking at all the candy.  So, Willis asked me to make him a list of what I want because he is having a hard time keeping up.  Can you guess what is #1 on the list?  Nope, not Kimmy.  And not Miller Lite.  No, it's not Marlboro Lights, either.  But all of these are very good guesses. 

It's Nestle's Chocolate Milk.  I AM JONESING FOR A FIX of that thick, chocolatey goodness like you wouldn't believe.  And I didn't even really drink it before Logan came along.  But I have to have it. 

Come to Mama, you little
chocolate bunny man.
More on The List tomorrow - I have to get ready for Lamaze class and start my "don't laugh Ali, don't laugh" mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment