Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Prozac

Wouldn't you just LOVE it if this post was all about my Prozac taking, etc.?  Well, it's not.  Although after this pregnancy is over I'm gonna need a lot more than Prozac to stay out of the loony bin.  Logan will be one spoiled boy, 'cause he's gonna be it for this family's offspring.  I can't handle any more of this worry!  More on that at another juncture. 

In other, non-Logan news...

...the vet just called to let me know that Daisy's Prozac prescription was ready. 


I guess she does look a little on the unbalanced side.

Remember how I said that she was #1 on my shit list recently?  Well, she's gotten worse - and by worse I mean she's turned into a pyscho, scary kitty a lot of the time (not unlike her mama).  She attacks Sox after the tiniest thing happens (if she sees another cat outside, if I make a loud noise or say something LOUD - which is 100% of the time, etc.) and it's so scary that I think that if we didn't separate them, she would kill the poor guy!  She's a complete irrational shithead these days (not unlike her mama). 

I got a huge scratch down my [enormous protruding] belly the other day separating them (which I guess is a bad idea?) and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.  WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SAYING EVEN MEAN, ANYWAY?  Well I guess I get it.  But I think it's kind of a lame saying.  No offense if any of you coined it. 

The vet thinks she is just overstimulated because of the move, her now being on the ground floor and seeing other cats outside, me being pregs and sending out weird hormones, etc.  But I think she has a screw loose (not unlike her mama).

Anyway, when I was talking to the vet she said, "why don't you just keep her locked in a back room with the blinds closed so she can chill out for a while?  It may take 8-10 weeks.  Then if push comes to shove we can try meds."  Um, listen lady.  First of all, push has already come to shove, that's why I called you.  And [God willing] we're going to be bringing a baby home in less than 9 weeks, and we aren't going to have Daisy holed up in a back room howling and scratching away like Sloth from Goonies for his arrival.  

So, we are trying tuna flavored liquid Prozac starting tomorrow.  I do feel awful about it because I heard it kind of knocks them out - but she is DANGEROUS right now!  And I would never declaw her, so this is kind of our only option, short of "accidentally" leaving the patio door open. 

I think she senses something is up, because she got Willis's toothbrush out of the bathroom and left it for him under the tree - you know, as a little gift.  She was chewing away on it.  Notice it's pink - I got him that color since it's his favorite.



She's also been acting out a little in another way.  Look at her, mack'n on Little Willis!  Me-ow!




Poor Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment