Tuesday, December 21, 2010

sicky

Austin Ali is sick today so is spending the majority of the day in bed (when not eating).  Such a bummer because it's supposedly 75 degrees out and sunny, but I have all the blinds closed like a mental patient so don't know for sure.  Poor Willis is going to go to our last Lamaze class solo tonight.  I think he is really looking forward to it.

I hooked up Logan's humidifier (thanks Aunties Lise and Kari!) in our room last night because I could tell I was getting sick.  Went to bed with straight hair, and woke up with Monica hair.


Going back to bed but will leave you with the below.  You should've seen this steak - it was BAD.  So, Willis and I are going back on Christmas Eve for a do-over. 



From: Ali K.
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:10 PM
To: Eric C.
Subject: 12/18/10
Dear Eric,

I got your email address from the business card in the bill we received last night at dinner.

We eat at Perry’s a fair amount, and consider it the best steakhouse in Austin which is why we keep coming back.  I thought I should let you know, however, that last night I was hugely disappointed in my dinner – it was actually borderline inedible.  I ordered the Southwestern filet medium-well (butterflied), and it was covered in gristle and fat.  It was also charred.  I’ve never seen a filet covered in fat before last night.

I didn’t say anything at the time because we were with friends, but I still thought I should let someone know.

Thanks,
Ali K.


From: Eric C.
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:35 AM
To: Ali K.
Subject: RE: 12/18/10

Hello,
  
I want to thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.  Feedback such as this helps so much in maintaining high standards with our food and service.  I did some research into the preparation of our SW filets.  It looks as though a very poor filet was chosen and was simply cooked incorrectly.  I would like to buy your entree on your next meal as an apology.  Feel free to contact me via this e-mail and I will set up the reservation for you.  Once again, thank you for the insight.

-Eric C
General Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment