Friday, December 3, 2010

"I'm in Labor!"

Don't worry, I'm not REALLY in labor, but that's what an entire row of people at the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show think... 'cause that's what I told them on our way out of the concert.  I'll explain later. 

We just got back from our 2nd wedding anniversary celebration where we had a nice dinner followed by the show... which also happened to be Logan's first concert!  He was just kick kick kicking through the whole thing.  In fact, I kept picturing that the creepy dancing baby from Ali McBeal was in my belly, dancing away.
  

We went to a place downtown where we used to go for drinks a lot before my Condition... in fact, it was the same place we had dinner (and um drinks) where later that night at home I found out about said Condition.  Thankfully Logan was just a teeny tiny zygote then...  but still, yikes!  Anyway, we were just finishing up dinner at a bar table (and I was admiring this woman's ginormous new Louis while she was walking by - who I later realized was Kevin Millar's wife) when Willis yells, "KEVIN MILLAR!!  We met at a Red Sox game!!"  And Kevin stopped at the table and asks, "we did?" completely confused. 

Willis + Ali + Kevin = BFFUHFO
So Willis goes, "no! I mean WE did!" and points to me, and he goes into the story about how we met at on Yawkey Way at Fenway Park on June 9 2004, rain delay, Nomar's first game back, now we're married, now I'm prego, etc. etc.  Kevin played along and acted interested (and even asked our names and shook our hands) and then we were instant BFFs.  In fact, we are so tight now I think Kevin will probably be in the room with us while Logan is being born - that's how BFF we are.  He might catch the baby, but he hasn't decided yet.  He also told us all about his 4 kids.  Well, actually he just said, "I have four kids" but you get the picture.  And yes, you can have my autograph - but you'll have to take a number.

Before meeting our new BFF at dinner, Willis and I were talking about how we always leave events early.  In fact, I'm not sure that in the 6 years we have been together that there has ever been an event where we have stayed for the whole thing.  We get bored. 

Tonight was no different. 

The family next to us was leaving, so we decided to piggy back on their making people in our row stand up and get the hell out of there as well (good show, but we were ready to jet).  We were up in the second tier of seats and had A LOT of steep steps to walk down, so it was taking me forever.  Willis had my purse, and I had one hand on Willis's shoulder and the other on the handrail doing a step at a time.  The show was still going on and as we were walking down, I heard someone say, "wow, she's really pregnant."  NICE TO MEET YOU, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!  Carry on.

At the bottom of the stairs I had to stop and take a rest when there were just a few steps left, right next to this older woman (there she goes again with the older women remarks!) who was staring at me.  Willis was in front of me, holding my purse, and I just couldn't help it...  I said to her, holding my stomach, "I'm in labor!!"  Her mouth dropped wide open and as I started to go down the rest of the stairs, out of the corner of my eye I saw her tell everyone around her.  I heard gasping, etc. followed by a few "she's in labor!!"  For effect, I was acting all dramatic those last few steps, which actually isn't really all that different than how I normally am.  Since Willis was in front of me, he had no idea what was going on, but he patted me on the back once I reached the last step and said "nice job baby!" so I think that made it even more believable.  That Willis - playing along when he didn't even know he was playing. 

Once we got out in the main part of the arena, I told Willis what I said - and he thought it was really funny.  We were laughing away as we were leaving, but once the funny wore off, I started FRETTING that the karma police were going to come after me and actually make me go into labor because of what I did.  I spent the car ride fretting out loud about it, trying to justify why I did it (there is no good reason), etc. but we decided that I was in the karma clear because I wasn't saying it for any sort of personal gain, to cut a line, etc.  I was just saying it to mess with the lady who was staring at me, and because sometimes the devil makes me do things that I am unable to control.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

There is a row of people at this concert who think someone
had to leave because she was in labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment